Francisco PÃ©rez Escudero
Hi, I'm Francisco Pérez Escudero, and I am a Spanish certified translator, proof-reader and content writer.
Francisco Pérez Escudero offers a wide range of language services: legal, technical, financial and medical translations from English, Chinese and other languages into Spanish, sworn/official translations, proof-reading, content writing, localisation engineering, teaching.
He has been in touch with languages and translation for over 20 years, through a BA in Translation, an MA in Asia-Pacific studies, PhD courses in Linguistics, as well as freelance and in-house positions as translator, project manager and HR manager in private companies in Europe and an international organisation in China (with diplomatic status). He is always open to challenging translation projects and other job opportunities.
Francisco PÃ©rez Escudero's Background
Francisco PÃ©rez Escudero's Experience
Official/Certified Translations, Proof-reading - Project Management - Content Writing at www.paraphrasis.com
January 1991 - Present | Barcelona, Spain
- Translation, editing, proof-reading, content writing, project management, subtitle translation, localisation engineering, sworn/certified translation (English-Spanish-English), teaching.
- Combinations: English, Catalan, Chinese, German, Italian, Portuguese, French into European Spanish, and Spanish into English.
- Main fields: technical (automotive, construction, engineering), legal (contracts, certificates, court decisions), economy and finance (annual reports, banking), localisation (software, games, websites), medicine (medical devices, laboratory protocols), subtitles (films, series), etc.
Google Quality Rater at Google Inc.
January 2006 - December 2006
- Evaluated the quality of Internet search results in Google search engine.
- Web research skills: ambiguity, relevance and spam recognition, coverage, cultural and country-specific implications, etc.
Human Resources Manager / Project Director / Project Manager / Consultant at Celer Pawlowsky SL
May 2001 - Present
- Member of the company's Co-ordinating Committee.
- Managed internal and external human resources.
- Prepared and evaluated language service and R&D project proposals for the EU.
- Health and safety representative.
- Directed a team of 6 project managers; analysed, prepared and assigned projects; monitored PMs performance and proposed selective training.
- Organised testing and implementation of computer assisted translation tools.
Information and Network Co-ordinator at International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR)
January 2000 - January 2001 | Beijing, China
- With diplomatic status, dynamised contacts with member country representatives, ambassadors, NGOs and researchers, mostly from Latin America.
- Identified, qualified and managed a team of translators and a pool of volunteers, and supervised linguistic and format quality of translations.
- Personally redesigned the website, obtained the .int domain, updated the content, developed multilingual version, increased visits by 70%, solved connection issues.
Language Specialist at SimulTrans Ltd.
January 1998 - July 1998 | Dublin, Ireland
- Assessed linguistic quality of software, help and documentation. Main clients: Netscape, Canon and Gartner Group. Total: 1,120,000 words.
- Created and updated glossaries and style guides.
Francisco PÃ©rez Escudero's Education
Universidad de Murcia
2008 – 2009
CAP (Postgraduate Certificate in Education)
Universitat de Barcelona
2006 – 2009
Master of Asia-Pacific Studies
Concentration: China, Japan, India, Tibet, history,geography, geopolitics, religion, economy, art, literature
Universidad de Alcalá
2003 – 2004
Consultant-Expert in Internet and e-Commerce Applications
Concentration: - Network architecture, web mastering, web page editing, e-commerce
Beijing Language and Culture University
1999 – 2001
Concentration: Chinese language and culture, computational linguistics and natural language processing
Universidad de Granada
1997 – 1999
PhD courses in Linguistic Typology and Compared Linguistics
Concentration: Ontology, typology, phonetics, computational linguistics, applied linguistics
Universidad de Granada
1993 – 1997
BA (Licenciatura) in Translation and Interpreting
Concentration: English, Chinese, Spanish, legal-economic and scientifical-technical translation
Francisco PÃ©rez Escudero's Interests & Activities
Blogging (wordpress.paraphrasis.com), politics, nature, trekking, guitar and computer music